Constitution of the Danish National Commitee of the International Association of Hydrogeologists
Definition and Aims
1. The name of the Committee shall be the Danish National Committee of the International Association of Hydrogeologists, in Danish: ‘Dansk Nationalkomite for IAH’.
2. The Danish Committee shall operate within the framework provided by the Rules of IAH.
3. The Danish Committee shall have as its aims
a) Representation of the Danish members of IAH in the activities of the parent body and in other international activities as appropriate.
b) Appointment of reporters to the Council Meetings of IAH.
c) Promotion of activities which further groundwater science and technology.
d) Promotion of groundwater issues in Denmark and providing a link between the international groundwater community and hydrogeologists in Denmark.
e) Collaboration with other groups in Denmark concerned with international and national water-related activities.
1. The affairs of the Danish Committee shall be managed by a management committee consisting of:
a) Up to ten elected members of IAH. Members of IAH are eligible for election if they reside in Denmark or if they work overseas but their permanent domicile is in Denmark.
b) Serving members of the Council of IAH resident in Denmark.
c) The Chairman or other representative of the Groundwater Group of the Geological Society of Denmark.
d) Up to three co-opted members.
2. Ordinary members of the management committee of the Committee will normally serve for three year term beginning on the day of election. Terms will be staggered so that two members of the management committee retire each year. No ordinary members shall serve more than two terms consecutively.
3. The officers of the management committee shall be a President and a Secretary/Treasurer, who shall be appointed by the Committee from amongst their membership. The President shall serve for one five-year term, which is not renewable; the Secretary/Treasurer, if elected, may serve for a further term.
4. The President will preside over meetings of the Committee.
5. The Secretary will be responsible for preparing minutes of meetings and other general administrative work.
6. The Secretary will advertise vacancies on the management committee in the spring of each year. Prospective Committee members must be proposed by two Danish members of IAH. The Secretary will organise a ballot of the membership if there are more candidates than vacancies on the Committee.
7. Members of the Danish IAH committee pay their annual membership fees directly to the IAH.
8. Unless otherwise determined by majority vote of all serving members of the Committee, upon dissolution any residual assets of the Committee shall pass to the International Association of Hydrogeologists or to its successor body.
- The Danish Committee of IAH shall meet at least once per calendar year and more frequently if requested by the members of the Committee.
- A quorum shall consist of four elected members of the Committee. Each member of the Committee, whether elected or otherwise, shall have one vote. Decisions will be made by a majority vote with the President having the casting vote if necessary. If a quorum cannot be achieved, business may continue, but the next meeting of the Committee at which there is a quorum must ratify decisions.
- The management committee shall be required to report annually at a meeting of the Committee on their activities.
- The Danish committee of the IAH will organise at least one groundwater meeting a year in collaboration with the Groundwater Group of the Geological Society of Denmark.
Changes to the constitution
1. Changes to this constitution may be made upon the affirmative vote of two-thirds of the elected members of the Committee.